Tuesday, February 19, 2008

College Prep

I just read a disturbing report from WestEd, the new Western Regional Educational Library. The gist of the report is that in low income and high minority schools, students all too often fall well short of the classes required for minimum qualification to the UC and CSU systems. Although revisions to the admission policies for both systems allow for top students from virtually every school in California to enter, without the required classes these students can't even be considered. The gap grows wider because no one is seeing to it that these students take what they need to go on.
 
The report is called "Course-taking patterns and preparation for postsecondary education in California's public university systems among minority youth", and is available at http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/edlabs.
 
Who is minding the store?
 
Tom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

get facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.cdapress.com/news/business/article_980d4e52-05d9-5306-8166-02a2f912df2a.html http://science-connect.net/?q=node/1084
facebook likes get facebook likes buy facebook likes
Last night my computer rebooted without warning or explanation. It came back up with everything normal seeming so I assumed it was one of those bastard windows updates. About an hour later I was using firefox and then it stopped responding to clocks. Outside of firefox, a mouseclick was recognized once per item, but no more. Using alt + ctrl + del results in the icon for the system monitor showing up in the tasktray, but nothing more. I could not interact. I rebooted it in safe mode and used system restore to take it to about 3 days back. (I haven't had any other day work so far and I've tried at least 10 different days.) I thought it had fixed it, and I left the computer running all night with no programs open. In the morning, I went to firefox and after about 10 minutes, everything locked again. Rebooted and tried internet explorer with the same result. I just now removed firefox 3.0 and then installed 3.5, but that didn't change anything. While downloading new nvidia drivers (I suspect that it's a graphical problem) the system locked again and I just now rebooted. I am very frustrated. Neither AVG nor SpyRemover find any viruses or other malware. They're both up to date. Part of what is bothering me is that there are no symptoms of viruses or malware outside of this. In some ways, that would almost be preferable. At the moment though, I am stuck, so please do what you can to help.

buy facebook likes facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] get facebook likes

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.

Any suggestions?

My page :: online stopwatch interval.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the challenges.
It was truly informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
Many thanks for sharing!

Feel free to surf to my webpage; eToro OpenBook